GO ANYWHERE AND HAVE POWER.
WANT TRUE FREEDOM TO GO ANYWHERE?
IF SO, YOU NEED TO GET A SOLAR PACKAGE
THAT WILL SUIT YOUR POWER REQUIREMENTS.
How to determine how much power you need
All solar panels are measured in watts (watts = amps X rated voltage). The watt rating tells you how much power the solar panel will produce in full sunlight.
- To find out what wattage you need your solar panel(s) to create, multiply the watt rating of each device you plan to use in a day by how many hours you plan to use it. Add all of these numbers together. Now you need to have at least a rough idea of how much direct sunlight your panel will receive each day. Keep in mind that you should get a panel that supplies more than your actual needs (this will help you get through cloudy days, etc.) This will only give you an idea -- for a better idea, talk with a specialist.
- Keep in mind that placement of your panels (and where you live, etc.) can affect how much energy they produce. Also, the wattage label given a solar panel is based on industry standards, and you can actually expect to get around 10% less energy than the label tells you.
- The wattage of a panel generally determines its overall size (of course, whether or not it is thin film, single crystal, or polycrystalline can also determine the size of the panel).
- Generally, although certainly not always, panels of lower wattages up to 130 watt solar panels are 12 volt.
- You can start out with just one 130 solar watt solar panel and add more panels later, as needed, creating a whole solar array.
Btek RVMarine Special!
RV Starter Package
You get the Jinko 245 watt panel, the controller
and the mounting hardware.
Available on Special Order only.
Kyocera - KCM Standard Rail Mount Kit for KCM Series solar panels
Kit includes 2 aluminum mounting bars, two rail clamps (1"),
and mounting hardware.
*Shipping and Taxes not included.
PRICES MAY VARY SLIGHTLY.